| September 12, 2003 - Sabadille Systems, a leading producer of software products for the identity management solutions market, today announced the launch of its new visitor management product, VisitorBook V4. This much anticipated release represents the addition of a specialised product to its highly successful CardFocus suite, the identity card design and printing software.
In most organisations today, visitor data is still captured using pen and paper. With VisitorBook, all relevant visitor details are captured electronically in a secure visitor database, including a photo of the visitor, contact details and the name of the person being visited. Business cards are electronically scanned and even biometric data in the form of a signature and fingerprints can be captured. In very little time, a new visitor is processed, issued with a freshly printed visitor identification card and checked in.
The new VisitorBook software harnesses many of the features of the existing identity card products in the CardFocus suite and adds critical new functionality including:
- The ability to pre-register visitors – staff can pre-register visitors from any networked PC using a web-based pre-registration facility.
- Support for capturing visitor biometric data – photos, signatures and fingerprints.
- Support for managing employee visits - maintaining employee records and issuing staff photo ID cards.
- The ability to send various announcement e-mails to the person visited – used to announce by e-mail visitor’s arrival, departure, need for assistance, etc.
- The ability to mark visitors excluded from entry with alarms to signal entry attempts by excluded visitors.
- Support for setting timeouts for visitor passes with alarms to signal out-of-date visitor passes.
- A facility called the Visitor Gate that allows security personnel to monitor visitors checking in and out, permitting photo verification in real-time.
- A unique new graphical user interface that is ergonomically designed to provide maximum ease-of-use.
- Advanced features as standard – visitor pass encoding with magnetic stripes, barcodes and smart chip programming.
- Network support – an unlimited number of PCs running CardFocus VisitorBook can easily be networked over a common LAN to share access to the visitor database.
"We spent much of last year talking to our customers and partners and applying their feedback to build VisitorBook to be the powerful new addition to the CardFocus suite of products. It builds on the main advantages of CardFocus - easy to use, robust, scalable and feature rich. In today’s environment of heightened security, VisitorBook provides and ideal solution for secure visitor management,” said John Slattery, managing director of Sabadille Systems.
About Sabadille Systems
Sabadille Systems is a growing Irish company, focused on developing into a leading producer of software products for the plastic card issuance and identity management solutions market. Founded in 1997, the company provided marketing consultancy and business development expertise to CSK Software in Dublin, Ireland, before embarking on product development for an increasingly digital world.
All trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective holders.